- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 10 fresh shiitake mushroom caps, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups boiling water
- 1-2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons crumbled wakame or dulse sea vegetable
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup mustard greens coarsely chopped
- 2 finely chopped scallions
- In a medium soup pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion, mushroom caps, and salt, and sauté for about 5 minutes or until the onion is soft.
- Add the boiling water to the onion and mushrooms and cook for 5 more minutes. Turn off the heat and season with lime juice, sea vegetable, and pepper, adjusting as necessary.
- Garnish individual bowls with mustard greens and scallions just before serving.
The addition of these fresh greens really wake up this soup, and make it a terrific spring tonic with cleansing benefits, such as stimulating the liver.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10-12 minutes